| This is the first year that thePrimary School participated in the RACV Energy Breakthrough. It is designed to get children thinking about the value of alternative energy; human power, solar power, wind power, compressed air etc. We traveled to a town called Marryborough Victoria for a series of competitions between schools all over the state. Melanie was competing in the Push Cart Races. The kids designed and built a push cart that had to meet prescribed basic design specifications such as the size of the wheels, has a seat belt, has to steer etc. There are lots of other competitions as well such as a human powered vehicle, alternatively powered boat races and more. Mel was selected to be on the team and they practiced for their races for months. I went with her and we camped on the footy field with our school for the weekend. We had such a great time. |
1 comment:
That cart racing thing is so cool! I'm really glad she was able to participate in that. And I really like that it is promoting the importance of alternative energy. I still think all of your Australian abbreviations are funny, like "footy" I imagine means football field? Cracks me up :P
Post a Comment