Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sydney Day 1

Will had to work in Sydney for the week of April 20th through 25th. We all decided to go and spend the week there while Willy was working. We got there on the 18th and spent the weekend together, Will showed us how to get around by bus, ferry and train and where the fun places were to hang out. We had lots of fun. Here is day one. Maeby immediately made herself at home in the hotel room. We stayed at the Marriott Hotel in Circular Quay...It was awesome.

Will also showed us the best places to eat and this is me trying to get my mouth around my first Aussie Burger. They add a fried egg and a big slice of beet root to the standard burger, that's on top of all the other fixin's, this one even had bacon...I loved it, even though it sounded gross.

We went to Paddy's Market, kind of an asian swap meet filled with tons of cheap stuff and bought all the kids new sun glasses at about 20% of the cost we would pay back home in Yarra. Look at our little Mel, isn't she a cutie?

Maeby slept through most of our trip to Paddy's but woke up just as we left to a new stuffed Kangaroo with a Joey in its pouch and her new sunnys. (that's what the call sun glasses here)

Spencer looks like the Terminator in this pic...

Liam would almost never take his sunnys off.

At night we took the ferry from Circular Quay over to Manly. 
Out on the harbor it got a bit chilly.

Some snapshots of the opera house as we passed on the ferry. Maeby took to calling the opera house "her" opera house and still does every time she sees a picture of it.

I was trying to get a photo of Maeby and myself, I almost got us both in.

Spencer was just chillinthumbs up means he was liking the ferry ride.
Liam wanted to avoid getting wet from the splashing waves.

It was amazing we actually captured a photo of Melanie Smiling.

Melanie named her stuffed platypus "bright eyes", go figure
"SURPRISE!"

Melanie walking with Maeby at Manly near the beach.

Playing on the beach at Manly




At the end of the day, everyone was tired, Spencer just put himself to bed. I think he was just goofing off but was so tired he just fell asleep waiting for someone to notice him.

Maeby was still full of energy, we had to convince her that she had her own little movie theater to get her to calm down and sit still for a while.


6 comments:

Cindy said...

You guys are so stining cute. I wish I was there too. Looks like you guys are having a good time.

Jill Petersen said...

The Opera House pictures are gorgeous! I would have loved the ferry! Thanks for more updates! I miss you guys so much! Happy Mother's Day- It's probably over for you!

Cecilee said...

Hi Audrey, I haven't checked your blog in forever. Sounds like you are having a great time in Australia. Looks wonderful! I have to say that you have the most adorable kids! They are seriously the cutest... as I'm sure you already know. I've enjoyed looking at all your pictures from the last several months. Take care!

Anonymous said...

I wish I could be there.It looks like so much fun. Thank you for everything. We miss you guys. I miss talking to you on the phone, even though it only was a once in a while thing.

AuntieM said...

Your adventures are truly amazing. Thanks for sharing. We love you and miss you.

AuntieM said...

Your adventures are truly amazing. Thanks for sharing. We love you and miss you.