Friday, October 1, 2010

Yarrawonga Show



The Yarrawonga Show is what we would call a County Fair.  There are all sorts of rides and games for the kids, plus animals, competitions etc. Just like a county fair.  It comes every year and last year it was pouring rain, this year it was really nice, warm and sunny. Spencer having a go at the jumping castle...or should I call it a jumping city, it was huge.

Liam took a ride in this thing, whatever it was called.  And he loved it, of course.






Maeby got to play in a jumping castle as well, she loved it.


They had a barn full of baby animals, all the kids got to hold some ducklings and they were absolutely adorable...no ugly ducklings in this crowd.

Maeby loved the little lamb.  And it seemed to like her too.


Melanie was ready to take every animal home, she always seems to make a connection.


We even got to pet a baby crocodile...with its jaws taped shut.  Baby or not, that thing was still a bit freaky.


And look, how cute, slithering serpents all over my children, a mothers dream come true.


This was a blue tongued lizard, I think they are native Aussie lizards.  Weird looking thing with its fat body, big head, stumpy little legs and blue tongue.

2 comments:

Cindy Voetsch said...

I remember once when we were in Colorado and you were younger, we went to a petting zoo and there were goats you could feed. You had some food and was in the pen with the goats and so many of then came around you like a goat swarm.....they were nibbling on your shirt and hair and you were NOT having a good time. I had to go and rescue you. I think it was at Santa's Workshop theme park by Colorado Springs!

Cindy Voetsch said...

Looks like the carnival was fun.....I remember how exciting the carnival was when it came to town. In Provo it was during the week of July 4th and they would sometimes close off a street downtown and have it there. IT WAS AWESOME! The snakes and lizards look fun too!